Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Self Introduction

 

            Hello, my name is Napua Thomas.  I am an AAT major and will soon transfer to Chaminade University to major in Early Education.  I currently work in an elementary school as a substitute teacher and have been working in the classrooms for a little over ten years.
            Like most people would agree, a favorite technology gadget of mine is my iPhone.  My iPhone has everything in it...and I mean everything.  Of course my contact list is important because I don't memorize every body's phone numbers, home addresses, email addresses, and other important contact information.  Old schoolers would carry their address books in their purse that contain this information.  My iPhone also contains a favorite app of mine which is the Cozi.  The Cozi is a virtual calendar that when I input important dates and events, my husband will be able to see it through the Cozi on his iPhone.  He can also input information that I will be able to see on my phone.  My Pandora is another purpose on my iPhone.  I hardly ever listen to the radio anymore because my Pandora contains my favorites that I can listen to whenever I want.  Then of course, when I am bored, I can play my poker and other favorite games that I have.
          I look forward to working in an online group.  My work style is not complicated at all.  I am a hard-worker looking to make sure my understanding is accurate so that I can produce quality work.  I am open to feedback and always striving to be better.  Two traits that I would bring to a group is my friendliness because we need to be able to get along, and my positive attitude because positivity is contagious and would help for the whole group to meet all goals.
           Here is a link that I am used to seeing and using in elementary classrooms that I work in:

<iframe frameborder='0' scrolling='no' align='middle' SRC='http://mediasuite.multicastmedia.com/player.php?v=aj9m3pwb&preview=true'  height='295' width='480' allowtransparency='true'></iframe>

The above explains ActivEngage that accompanies the Promethean Board.  It is an awesome technology implemented in the classrooms because it is a good way for teachers to get a good idea on where their students stand in terms of curriculum.  At the same time, students are very involved in their learning and stay engaged.




No comments:

Post a Comment